Jan 30, 2009

Best Falafel: Union Square

Theatre Too Cafe

I was in the mood for some good falafel and sure Oasis is about half a block from my work, but the one and only time I went, I was unforgettably disappointed. I begin my search on yelp and it isn't long before I come across the reviews for Theatre Too Cafe. With 4.5 out of 5 stars I couldn't resist checking it out ... and BOY were the reviews right. This operation is run by the sweetest and fun-loving couple. Their falafel wraps are huge (12" at least) and served with fresh tahini yogurt, lush lettuce, red onions and large soft balls of falafel - also available with some heat (just say yes to a spicy order). At less than $6 each, what's NOT to love? They also sell half portions (which is what I should have got) for only $3.25. I talked to a few of their customers and they can't rave enough about this place, "Yes the falafel is amazing. The rice and lentils are great. OOoh and so are the meat balls! Try the gyros - heck you can't go wrong with anything from this place." I would definitely go back and encourage everyone to check them out. Support your local small business owners, especially the ones that really care about their customers.

**My apologies for not posting a picture... before I knew it, I had scarfed the entire 12" of falafel goodness**

No comments: