Nov 23, 2009

Pizza Pizza, Mama Mia

12:00 pm, Sunday afternoon
On our way to the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade, I see a long line formed outside of a small building. I must have been hiding under a rock because I had never heard of Grimaldi's in my life. Apparently, it is a legendary pizzeria with three locations scattered around NYC. The average wait time is about an hour and half - even if you are ordering a pizza to go. I'm convinced that I have to eat here before I leave.

8:15 pm Monday night, we bundle up and brace ourselves for the long wait outside in the cold. No line! Can you believe it? They must have known I was coming.

One small with pepperoni, sausage and mushroom, please.

Three slices later.

Grimaldi's IS the best pizza. Thin crust and fresh ingredients. You know it's fresh because you can watch them make it.

I could get used to this.

Sample picture courtesy of c00lmarie

No comments: