Jan 24, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Sundays

Teacake Bakeshop is something kind of wonderful. They have three locations throughout Northern California, one in Corte Madera, one in LaFayette and one Emeryville. They specialize in cupcakes, cookies, and brownies, all made from scratch in small batches. The shop is oh so adorable and their kitchen was immaculate. I couldn't help but smile seeing blocks of butter and stacks of eggs resting at room temperature.

We ordered one pink velvet cupcake (I had just made another test run batch for Julnette's wedding and wanted to compare) and one Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut cookie. My goooshhh, the cookie was mammoth.. so soft... the chocolate and hazelnut ratio was perfect. There isn't one thing I would have changed. And the cupcake.. how the hell did they get the frosting so soft? I'll have to play around with the recipe I've been using.

It has been a week since my visit to the Teacake Bakeshop in Corte Madera, so I decided to whip up a batch of chocolate chip hazelnut cookies. Pictures will be posted soon, in the meantime enjoy these photos courtesy of britt.piehl.





**I remember chatting it up with the staff and they were so enthusiastic about being a part of the Teacake team. They talked about their involvement with the community (ie. student deal Wednesdays and book donation Thursdays). They also offer baking classes at their LaFayette location. This place just keeps getting better.

No comments: