Jun 17, 2010

My Ten Hour Baking Marathon

I have been preparing for this moment for the past six months. My internship at Satura Cakes, having completed that five week cake decorating class, and all those batches of red velvet cupcakes including the sixty-something cupcakes for Karla's bridal shower have me feeling confident.

Ingredients - check
Cupcake liners - check
Cupcake boxes - check
Piping bag and frosting tips - check
Old, beat up t-shirt - check (red velvet gets messy)

It is noon, let the bake-a-thon begin.

With one oven and four baking trays, my strategy was to rotate two at a time and mix the batter somewhere in between.









3:30 pm - I finished baking all 156 cupcakes and one two layer 8" round.

By 10 pm, the kitchen was clean, the cupcakes were frosted as well as the cake, beading and dowels included.

Time for bed.

No comments: