Dec 24, 2009

My First Cheesecake

Yes my first time and no, I can't believe it either. As I searched for a recipe to try, there were so many comments about cracking and shrinking. For a full-proof run, I decided on Kraft's Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake.

1-1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

1) Preheat oven to 325 F (or 300 F if your using a dark, non-stick pan)
2) Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
3) Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended.
4) Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
5) Pour over crust.
6) Bake for 55 min. or until center is almost set.
7) Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.





Two thumbs up for the flavor. It came out a little dry, so one thumb up texture and one thumb down for little cracking. Chef Mags suggests I use a water bath next time - duly noted. Overall I'm extremely happy with how it came out. Not too shabby for my first time (brushing my shoulder off).

Take two...

No comments: