Mar 22, 2010

Mister Donut

If you were raised out in the east coast, perhaps you remember Mister Donut. The company started out in Boston and was founded by Harry Winouker in 1955. Then, in 1983, a Japanese company (Duskin Co. Ltd.) acquired the sales and trademark rights for Mister Donut in Asia. Since then, Mister Donut has taken off and is now one of the largest donut retailers in the world.

I am not big on donuts, but I am a huge fan of almost anything made with green tea. I keep hearing about this amazing old fashion green tea, made exclusivley at Mister Donut. I had to try it for myself.

Blag.

This particular location didn't have any in stock, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from making my visit worthwhile. The glass cases were filled with probably twenty different kinds. They all seemed to scream, "Pick me!".

I once saw a macaron recipe that combined chocolate and green tea. What an interesting pair of flavors that I had yet to try.



Not too sweet and not too rich - just the way I like it. American desserts are waaay over the top. Just a touch of sugar is all the world needs.









No comments: