Apr 24, 2010

Like a Pro

I just made 69 red velvet cupcakes for Karla's bridal shower.

No sweat.

Can I call myself a baker now?

Sheesh.





Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from Magnolia Bakery(New York City)

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tspns vanilla extract
5 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted

1. Combine cheese, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3 - 4 minutes.

2) Reduce mixer speed to medium low and add sugar 1 cup at a time. Scrape bowl often.

3) Once all the sugar has been added, beat until fluffy (3-6 minutes)

4) Store in airtight container and refrigerate for at least two hours before use

This recipe was more than enough to frost my entire batch of cupcakes! I used clear extract so that the frosting would still be white and I added about 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.

*When I was in NYC I kept hearing about Magnolia Bakery, but didn't have time to stop in and check them out. But I was able to visit Sugar Sweet Sunshine .

No comments: